Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Fun

Next year we won't experiment with "fake" dye-able eggs

Had a blast at the Kaysville easter egg hunt.  Zach was a machine!!

The Bellamy's spell out the rules before the big hunt


Kids up at 6:30 ready for Easter :) Spencer was not thrilled...



We had a really busy Saturday with 3 hunts and 2 parties, but the kids were able to keep up energy (thanks to sugar) for all of them:)  We first went to the Kaysville hunt.  I was able to help Zach out and I've never had a kid that was so thorough in picking up candy and eggs.  There was a point that I told Zach that maybe we should save the rest of them for the other kids.  After the Kaysville hunt we went to my moms for a delicious bbq and more egg fun.  The kids love going there because they always have those cheap unique toys for them like never pop bubbles or airplanes that launch into the air.  They had a really fun time and were not ready to leave ... but we had to move onto the next party.  Even though they were reluctant to leave my moms they soon forgot and had a blast at the Bellamy's party.  I love the way Pat does the egg hunt.  They find them all and then bring them back in and dump them all into a pile.  It's very fun and fair and when they've divided them all Pat and Bill bring out the Lucky Egg prizes.  This year my kids made off with Lego vehicles.  They were in heaven.  The lucky egg hunt was not so lucky for Spencer and I.  We even discussed strategy before hand about not taking the first egg we found, but unfortunately this year we only found 1 egg and yes ... it was the egg with only 5.00 in it.  You would think we would be better finders, but apparently we are not!! Easter morning was really fun and the kids ran outside with their silly string for a silly fight.  Their lucky egg this year was a blow up pool, but they were way more excited about all the candy.  Fun times!!  They are growing up way too fast!!!

2 comments:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

May I just say that I'm glad you're back to blogging! You're boys are so stinkin' handsome. Send Mason over to play any time!

Korie Bellamy Photography said...

ha ha !! It's only been 2 years:)