Friday, May 27, 2011

Ethan's graduation

So I looked this morning to see what Ethan had to bring for show and tell and discovered Ethan was the show and tell; it was his kindergarten program!!!  Well, I'm sorry to all those that were not invited due to short notice (spencer)
It was so cute they sang songs and had a video where they had interviewed each kid, asking them a different question.  Ethan's question was ... if you could buy anything what would you buy?  Ethan: "um... think think think ... um ... think think think ... a big house! -- I guess we've talked too much about getting a bigger house one day.  The audience thought his answer was hilarious:)
so after the program we had to put our chairs away.  I wanted to get a picture of Ethan and his best friend Brandon so I turned around and took one of them together.  When I turned back around Ellie (who I was asked to keep an eye on) and Mason were missing.  so, when Lori got back we started our search for them and couldn't find them anywhere!!  finally we found both of them sitting on the stairs in front of the school oblivious that they were "lost"
Ethan had a really amazing kindergarten experience.  His teacher Mrs. Carr was really structured and focused and was able to have Ethan reading really well a couple months into school.  She taught them lots of poems and songs and did a bunch of math with them.  She was really amazing!!
Ethan got a time out like the 2nd month of school for talking out of turn and I believe this made him extremely shy for the rest of the year :-( He told me a couple weeks ago that all the kids went and looked out the window at a bird, but Teacher had said to stay in their seats and so Ethan was the only one who stayed in his seat because he didn't want to get in trouble.  I find that story a little sad, but everything else this year has been really really positive.
This is Brandon ... Ethan plays with him every day at recess
This is where we found Ellie and Mason:) after 15 minutes of looking
Ethan's seat in school
Ethan and Mrs. Carr
Everyone say cheese ... thank you Mason for listening to me:)
Zachary, please sit down!!

4 comments:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Congratulations Ethan! You survived kindergarten.
Also, funny: I recognize little Brandon, he lives in our neighborhood. He IS an adorable little boy. A good kid for Ethan to be friends with (and he only has brothers too!).

Korie Bellamy Photography said...

ooo ... I'm glad you know him. He is Ethan's best friend at school and we're inviting him to Ethan's b-day party this saturday. It's nice to know that he's a good kid from a good family.

The Meldrums said...

We love Mrs Carr. She is such a good teacher. Congrats to Ethan!

The Pitcher Family said...

Good thing you brought your camera. I always forget mine. Ethan looks so big.