Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ethan's first day of school

Ethan, I can't believe you are old enough to be leaving me!!  enough of that though, you are so excited to go to school.  when we have gone to fill out paperwork and other things you always get upset when we have to leave, so... I am going to be ok with you going to school because I know you're going to love it!!  Today was just a practice day.  We both went to your school today and listened to what the teacher had in store for you for the rest of the year.  You just sat there very quietly, looking really bored, not playing with any of the puzzles on the table or anything while the teacher talked to the parents.  While I know you are excited I can also tell you're worried to be away from me as well.  At night we have conversations about whether or not you'll be able to call me if you want to come home.  You've even thought about it enough to ask whether the teacher will dial the number for you so you can come home if you want to.  But I know that you'll get into the whole routine of things and not need to call me to come home:)  I love you!!

1 comment:

Kara said...

He looks so happy to be headed off to school.