Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hot Chocolate disaster or 013

    Yesterday morning after dishing my boys up their standard cereal and toast Mason requested hot chocolate.  Thinking that yes it would be fun to make hot chocolate on our "Snow Day" I put the kettle on the stove to heat it up.  When it whistled I began to make just Mason some hot chocolate.  (My other two kids had already left the table and were on to other things)  I filled up Mason's special mug about 1/2 way, intending to fill the other half with either ice or water. 
    Just then the phone rang so I quickly ran to get it.  Well, shortly after I answered the phone and was heading back to finish the hot chocolate I heard Mason screaming.  He had grabbed his hot chocolate off the counter and when he had gone to drink it had jerked back because it was hot and had spilled really hot water all over his hands.  So I quickly hung up the phone and ran Mason over to the sink to run his burns under cold water.  While trying to cool his burns it became apparent that he was going to pee his pants and the running water wasn't helping, so I ran him to the bathroom. 
   While I was trying to help his hands while he was going to the bathroom I heard more screaming/crying from the kitchen so I ran to see what was going on.  Well, my sweet scavaging two year old had seen an opportunity to claim Mason's hot chocolate and had done the exact same thing his older brother had just done and had spilled the hot chocolate on his hands as well. 
I can't make this stuff up!! 
Moral of the story ... Just use hot water from the tap for the boys hot chocolate and save the kettle for myself.
luckily the burns were not bad

No comments: