For the next couple days Spencer was working so the boys and I did drop in attacks on Disneyland. so, Tuesday the boys and I went into California adventure for an hour or so -- Ethan loved the Soaring over California and wanted to do it over and over again, on the 3rd time through Mason was done and started to cry about going on it (even though he loved it as well) I thought the attendant was going to tell us we couldn't go on it if Mason didn't stop crying, but I was able to calm Mason down with some food and he enjoyed it despite all the drama. That night Ethan and I went into Disneyland while Mason stayed back with Daddy to draw and we watched the firework show, which was absolutely amazing with the lights on the Castle changing colors to each new Christmas song they played and it all ended with snow falling on us (they had snow making machines in various places around the park) It was really quite amazing and Ethan and I really had a lot of fun watching it together.
Thursday was our big day in the park with Spencer. We were able to get into Disneyland early, which allowed us to hit all the big rides like star tours (Ethan asked if it was real as we were leaving:)) and Space Mountain (Mason said it was the bestest ride in the whole wide world) and it's a small world (really the longest ride ever created) and then we ran over to CA adventure and picked up our world of color passes and went on Toy story .. twice and the roller coaster. Then we went and had lunch (I WAS EXHAUSTED) where spencer talked me into going back into Disneyland (which I was grateful for, even though I was TIRED) and we went on my kids all time favorite ride (pirates) and then on thunder mountain railroad (Mason was too short to ride this in May, but was the perfect height for it in December) That night we went back for World of Color, but Mason fell asleep right as the show started so I decided to head back to the hotel with him. we saw the fireworks on the way back and Mason and I stopped to watch them (I'm glad we had that one on one time ... it was magical)
Mason kept asking to go back to the hotel when we were in the park because he "wanted to draw" at night we put him in bed crying because he hadn't finished drawing all of the presents in santa's sleigh.
Ethan could have spent the whole trip at the pool and was really excited that we were able to spend a couple hours the next morning in the pool before we flew back to Utah.
The weather was amazing and it was so nice to just have the two older boys (even though I still feel bad about leaving Zach) but what I enjoyed the most about the trip was that Mason blossomed so much with the attention he got without Zach being there. And Ethan's pure joy in all the little things --- I'll cherish those memories forever.
** in small world they had a "nice" list that actually had both Ethan and Mason's names on it and Ethan told me a week later that we needed to go back to Disneyland to make sure they were still on the nice list:) I love that little man!! another Ethan favorite of the trip was using the door key. (that was his job the whole trip) My favorite thing about the trip was the beds, I really am going to have to call and see what brand of mattress they have at the Disneyland hotel because I slept really really good (maybe it was because I didn't have my baby with me ... lol!!)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment