Friday, October 9, 2009

Stung by a bee!!
so on Wednesday afternoon I had ventured outside after editing photo's only to stand too close to a beehive:-( so I felt something on my head and I swatted and it was a bee stuck in my hair. I of course started running (this has always been successful in the past) and my friend Lori yelled that I had like 3 bees following me, so of course I ran faster. Well when I thought I had lost them I started swatting like a crazy woman at my hair to make sure the bee was gone. Well, it wasn't and for the first time in 28 years I was stung (on my brain stem) by a bee. And let me tell you ... I will be avoiding being stung again for another 28 years!!!!
I almost forgot the most important part of my story. I got my revenge that night ... spencer (my knight in shining armor, yes I forgive you for your wuss comments) went around to two different bee's nests that we had discovered and KILLED all of them ... there were like 50 bees at each hive laying dead on the ground. AND THAT'S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU STING KORIE!!

3 comments:

Kara said...

lol, I am sorry I don't mean to laugh, but I can totally see you running like a crazy women to get away from the bees.

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

I am sure I would have been doing the same crazy dance you were. I hate bees/wasps & anything creepy-crawly in general! I emptied TWO cans of Raid on a wasps nest in our backyard. I am sure I probably put my own gigantic hole in the ozone layer (since the cans were aerosol sprays)- but it was worth it. No more wasps.

Bellamy Family said...

Lori will laugh when she reads these comments because I was doing a crazy dance!! and after I got stung my cute neighbor (Todd) ran over to me and meticulously went through my hair!! totally nice ... for a guy that is:) but don't think I'll forgive him for the "fat" comments he's been making to you Lori ... he's still on my black list! :)